Workplace protocol can be tricky and too often supervisors ask the wrong questions or ignore legitimate complaints because they aren’t properly trained. And these mistakes can lead to legal troubles for your business.
Legal Pitfalls Supervisors Should Avoid is a straightforward presentation that outlines common workplace mistakes and offers detailed answers so managers don’t overstep boundaries. Is it okay to ask a job candidate if they have been arrested? Can non-exempt employees work “off the clock”? Is it considered harassment if an employee tells dirty jokes?
It’s a simple-to-use training program with specific examples and answers that will help your supervisors navigate the murky waters of employee management.
This easy-to-understand presentation covers:
- Asking inappropriate questions in interviews
- Making promises to applicants
- Violating the FLSA
- Failing to document
- Making exceptions
- Treating all absences alike
- Failing to take harassment law seriously
- Giving in to temptation to retaliate
- Violating employee privacy
- Ignoring requests for accommodation